RICH TABLE’S SPAGHETTI WITH PUNTARELLA AND CHICKEN SKIN
200 g chicken skin
260 g spaghetti
150 g sliced puntarella hearts
Fresh lemon juice
Crushed espelette pepper
- Grind the chicken skin with a meat grinder or chop finely by hand. Cook the chicken skin in a pan over low heat to render off the fat. Strain off the fat and reserve. Slowly brown the ground skin in the same pan and finish by cooking in a 350° oven until crisp and golden.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add a big handful of salt. Add spaghetti and cook for about 9 minutes or until al dente.
- While the spaghetti is cooking, heat a pan over medium heat and add 3 tablespoons of the reserved chicken fat and half of the sliced puntarella. Cook the puntarella until tender.
- When the spaghetti is done, add it directly to the sauté pan with the puntarella. Add at least a couple tablespoons of the pasta water to the pan. Toss over high heat to create a creamy consistency and coat all of the strands of spaghetti with the pan sauce.
- Season with salt and lemon juice to taste.
- Plate the spaghetti in a bowl and top with the reserved raw puntarella, a couple pinches of espelette, and the crispy chicken skin.
Farm to Table Fall 2013 > Pepper Farm to Palace Table
Farm to Table Summer 2013 > City Farm to City Table
Farm to Table Spring 2013 > Namu’s Beef Tongue with Sunchokes, Mustard and Onions
This content was published in the Winter 2013 issue of Edible San Francisco Magazine. © 2013 Edible San Francisco This website and its content is a copyrighted work of Edible Communities, Inc. © 2013. All rights reserved. You may not, except with our express written consent, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it on any other website or other electronic or printed form.